Monday, May 21, 2012

Organizing My Studio


These are my embroidery threads that live inside my large fabric cabinet. I organized them by brand, not color.

My Thread Stand with my sewing thread

These are my less frequently used threads that have to live in the Matchbox car case. This side is for the sewing thread.

This is the embroidery thread side.

Well, it's that time again. That's right, time to reorganized my studio. After completing several projects my studio was looking pretty messy. All of my threads were getting tangled up and I had thread tales reaching for my legs everytime I walked through the room. I had help from one of my trusty daughters. The entire room is looking great but I will just post photos of my pretty thread, all lined up in a sweet little row. Yes, it doesn't take much to make this girl happy. Ha ha.

I moved my cutting tables around to make room for a school area for my youngest daughter. She is nine and she still needs help and supervision with her school work, so I thought it would be good to have her school area in my studio. Then we can both be productive at the same time. All of my girls sew and she can easily put her sewing machine on her desk when she is finished with school. I'll be posting photos of her school area soon.

On today's agenda is working on my patriotic quilt. I am really being successful with using my stash and it's so exciting. I've been looking at my red, white and blue fabrics for years and I'm finally turning it into something. Yay!

I hope you have a wonderful and productive day.

Blessings,
Sewing Momma

See my side bar for linking parties

I'm also here:
http://www.pollywantacrafter.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so organized it looks so great! I use those plastic cases for my thread too, except I only fill up 2 of them and that is all I own! LOL

    ReplyDelete