Friday, October 5, 2012

Carsten's Pinwheel Quilt


I just finished a labor of love. I made a pinwheel quilt for my friend's sixth baby. I have six children as well, and she holds a special place in my heart. I actually got to be part of the birth process and was with her as she delivered her beautiful 10 pound baby boy. His name is Carsten and this quilt is named Carsten's Quilt.

One of the blue fabrics has tiny anchors and sailors on it, in honor of Carsten's father who is a Navy Chief. I designed the quilt myself but I used a pinwheel technique that I learned from a youtube video featuring Jenny from the Missouri Quilt Company. I love her technique. It's quick, easy and is very conducive to accuracy when matching points. You can find the video here.
 
 


I especially love the back. I pieced left over blocks and remnants from fabric used in the front of the quilt. I embroidered him a label. I think it is so important to label your quilts.

I'm entering Carsten's Quilt in the Quilting Blogger's contest for this week. This week's them is Quilts for Little Ones. If you get a chance, I'd love if you stop by and vote for me. You can access the link to vote here.

I have a lot more posts waiting for you so please check back soon.

Happy Sewing!
Sewing Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment